CDA 2017/2018 New/Renewal Member Application:
General Membership with the CDA is $50 per year and runs from June 1 - May 31 each year. Being listed on our referral list is an extra $25 per year.
If you are interested in membership with the CDA please click the button below to complete our Application.
Why Join the CDA?
- Supportive community of like-minded doulas who encourage you on your path to becoming, and during your career as a doula
- Continuing Education opportunities that are organized and often subsidized by the Calgary Doula Association
- Invitation to join the Calgary Doula Association private Facebook Group for CDA Members only
- Becoming a "Blue Shirt Doula"; a brand which is recognized and highly respected by hospitals and midwives as well-trained and trustworthy doulas
- The CDA subsidizes the purchase of your first "blue shirt"
- Referral List - The Calgary Doula Association receives requests for doulas and will pass your name along to prospective clients if you choose to be on our referral list
- Advertising on our website for Certified Doulas with direct links to your website and email address
- The opportunity to meet with couples who are looking for birth and postpartum doulas at our popular "Meet Your Doula" events
- Backup support for those times when you might not be available
- Professional Presentation is important. Each member of the Calgary Doula Association signs a Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics document annually. This is important to clients and shows your commitment to providing a professional service that is within the scope of a doula.
General Membership Meetings:
Our meetings are held from September - May each year on the second Wednesday every month at 7:00 pm at the 2000 Days Pre-Kindergarten, 5728 - 1 St. SW, Calgary AB. Look under our "Events" tab for more information as well as a map. Feel free to drop in as a guest if you would like more information before signing up!